Sökmotor

Custom Search

lördag 22 maj 2010

Revision!



So, revision. Oh yeah, I think during my two years half out of school I somewhere misplaced my study-skills. Or maybe just my motivation... Tomorrow there is the exam, the dreaded exam where my French will be put to the test, c'est une emmerde (it's a pain in the butt, that'll be useful in the exam...)... I have to say though that the circumstances have been rather unusual and difficult so maybe it would have been different. It is the way it is and the French grammar can bite me! Do you want to make it just a little bit more complicated please!? Future in the past, pronouns in the middle of two verbs except for this this and this, prepositions (my favourite) and why not make a few more verb forms? Nevermind. Instead of studying I have engaged in other activities!

Sunday, I took Jess and Jem to Le Marais for some vintage shopping and the must-have falafel! Oh so good... Shopping was short but sweet, definitely successful! I said au revoir and went home to watch a film with my dear flatmate Julia and the Irish and Scottish boys. We watched 500 days of summer. Never heard of it before, quite enjoyed it. Different take on a love story...

Jules and I have made a habit of going out walking every morning. We live in the Montmartre so there are a lot of stairs to climb!

Half the stairs done!

The last to go!

Quite a view...

Legendary picture!

It's such a nice area. If you want to live in Paris you want to live here! It's a more relaxed part, doesn't feel as pretentious as the center sometimes can perceived as. People aren't as arrogant, it's beautiful and very picturesque. (With the ghetto area just around the corner though, all part of the charm!) I've really fallen back in love with Paris after a little rough path. Paris will always be in my heart. There is something special about this city...

I just need to say that the French bureaucracy is RIDICULOUS! Everything here is so complicated. I'm in the process of cancelling mine and Jen's internet contract. They have hundreds of stores but no, you can't cancel it here, you have to call this number. Fine, I'll call... Don't understand shit so Frog calls for me. You can't cancel it unless you have a certain number. Right, shit, I have to send a stupid letter then... I find the number, so we call again, and the girl says: "Ok, so you send a letter to this address explaining why you want to cancel your contract and they will send you a letter back telling you where to return the box". COULD YOU NOT HAVE TOLD ME THIS THE FIRST TIME?! It would have saved me about 5 euros since the mobile prices here are insanely expensive! Arrgghhhh! So I've sent the stupid letter explaining why I want to cancel it, I wrote it in anger so I literally wrote because my room mate fell out the window and is at the hospital, I had to move so we obviously don't need it anymore... Never write or say anything in a state of anger... You have to agree with me that it's all rather ridiculously complicated?
C'est la vie en France....

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar